Scups at Animal Protection League

Kristine at APL sent me some photos of Scout’s pups settling in at the shelter:

They have been named Romulus, Rowan, Rin, Rinji, Ripley, Reece and Rafi.  Kristine told me APL tries not to repeat names for dogs at the shelter and, like many breeders, they use themes of one sort or another when naming litters.  Obviously Scout’s pups are an “R” litter.  (Can you believe no dogs at the shelter have been named Romulus before now?!)

1. mary frances

/  August 19, 2010

thank you for this yesbiscuit..if I may be so bold…thank you Shirley.

2. Houndward Bound

/  August 19, 2010

Amazing! Aw this is so great it brought a tear to my eye. They are so frikain adorable and unique! I’m so happy they have kind, generous people dedicated to improving their lives. Scout is such a lucky and deserving girl.

3. alice in LALA land

/  August 19, 2010

what no Remus?? look at those blue eyes.. anyone want to guess?/ i am going with Catahoula

4. Billy Marsh

/  August 19, 2010

The light-colored pup in the top photo is admiring his/her manicure – seems pleased. They look great and they all have ears like mama.

Bravo to you, my sweet lady, for caring enough to save eight lives. And big kudos to the folks @ APL – the best shelter on this planet! You guys rock!

• You left a comment on my blog – ZOMG! I am totally buying a lottery ticket tomorrow. (Which I will share with you if I win.)

5. selkie

/  August 20, 2010

they are so cute! and didn’t mama do an amazing job with them! there she was, poor little thing, starving herself but they look healthy and happy. I wonder if their Rowan whines, carries on and is a drama queen … that’s my 2nd daughter’s name LOL

• I can tell you for certain there is one that screams like a banshee – Puppy #8 showed up on our porch last night. We never saw more than 7 so didn’t know this little one existed but yesterday I heard a dog in distress across the street. Couldn’t see anything. Then late last night the noise started up again, closer to our house. By midnight the little worm made it on to our front porch. I opened the door, said hello and puppy started screaming. He (or she?) was completely terrified. Scout started barking at the puppy, the rest of our dogs were going berserk, chaos ensued… At any rate, I fed puppy and left food out on the porch if he decides to come back. I hope we didn’t scare him too badly with our human-ness.

6. Alyssa

/  August 21, 2010

They’re so cute!! They look very healthy and happy at the APL. :-)