Fugitive Alert: Memphis ACO Who Impounded Kapone

Warrant for the arrest of Demetria Hogan. Click to enlarge.

If you have any information regarding the whereabouts of Demetria Hogan, the Memphis ACO who impounded Kapone, please click this link and click “Send Tip”.  Or you can contact the Shelby Co Sheriff’s Office Fugitive Bureau at (901) 545-5625 or via email.  There is a warrant out for her arrest for animal cruelty.

This post will be updated as information becomes available.

Added:

Local news coverage:  WREG, ABC24, Commercial Appeal, WMC-TV and a second story from ABC24 which includes this tidbit:

A city spokesperson confirms Hogan is now suspended with pay.

1. julie delorenzo

/  July 12, 2011

Why does the description of Demetria say she is a Black MALE? In articles I have read, Demetria is a woman.
    Guess they don’t want HER found!
    Does Memphis breed stupid?

• Somebody hit a wrong key I guess. I’m sure they’ll correct it.

• Charlotte

/  July 12, 2011

Double click the camera icon and you can see HER picture.. a prior mug shot? her employee ID photo? either way looks like a woman to me!

2. Shared on several Memphis sites

3. About time, I hope they catch her and in the process find Kapone!!!

4. Tammy

/  July 12, 2011

This could be a step in the right direction to know what happened to Kapone and I’m sure many other dogs at MAS. Maybe this is why the meeting is closed tonight? Could they be circling their wagons because they know they’re next on the list for animal abuse charges? I hope so.

5. scarlett

/  July 12, 2011

Interesting, there appears to be two charges of animal cruelty on the warrant. BTW…I submitted the ‘tip’ in that she’s a female not a male ;-)

6. Vickie

/  July 12, 2011

Shared on on both my Facebook Pages! I am still praying Kapone’s found alive!

7. oh man. well i hope this results in more information about kapone. that poor dog…

8. Arlene

/  July 12, 2011

This is good good news. Maybe now they will get to the bottom of this and clear out the rest of the crowd that are abusing the animals. I am very happy to see the warrant but I will be happier when they find Kapone and bring him home.

/  July 12, 2011

Damn. Does this mean that the police know what happened to Kapone?

I wonder.

10. db

/  July 12, 2011

sounds like the proverbial sh#t is about to hit the fan . . .

11. Laura

/  July 12, 2011

@ db, I hope so, I live here and am just sick that this could even happen here. We try to do our part, we have rescues and foster for different groups, I am just glad the MPD is doing something and it’s not just brushed under the rug.

12. Anne

/  July 12, 2011

one of the comments on the news article says she was arrested at the shelter about an hour ago

13. Susan

/  July 12, 2011

This may be a step in the right direction but I am so afraid for Kapone. He seems like such a sweet dog and doesn’t deserve any of this. Hugs to his family and continued hope on his getting home to them safe and sound.

14. Sandra

/  July 12, 2011

would the owner of this post click the “email” link and inform them they have an error in this information and they need to correct it. then repost this ad when they do – thanks

15. Angela

/  July 12, 2011

who does she know in order for her to still be working there…its ALL about who knows who. .

• animal advocates

/  March 21, 2013

EXACTLY and only the mayor could put her back in there

16. vida

/  July 12, 2011

I hope Kapone is alright and home soon. I am glad to see some action from the law on this. But, two things strike my cynical mind-
    one is that when the excrement is about to hit the rotating blades it’s a habit to throw a peon into the arena to distract the mob from the problems higher up. Second, I’ve met some people in my time who’ve done some bad stuff, done time for that and turned their life around. They have been kind and strong. They really are the kind of people who deserve a Second Chance. Why do the mean career criminals end up getting a Second Chance? I mean, do they do no interviews? Just take any soul fresh from prison? There’s some really bad judgement being used in this shelter, top to bottom.

17. db

/  July 12, 2011

I certainly hope that the Second Chance program will realize that this woman has had more than a second chance and continues to prove herself . . . unworthy. Maybe Tennessee needs to consider a “three strikes and you’re out” law!
    If she is allowed to go back to work at the facility after everything she has done, then there is no hope.
    Praying that Kapone is found and will be returned safely to his family.

18. DEMETRIA HOGAN B F6/16/71VIOL OF VEHICLE REGISTRATION LAW O
    DEMETRIA HOGAN B F6/16/710
    DEMETRIA HOGAN B F6/16/710
    DEMETRIA HOGAN B F6/16/670
    DEMETRIA HOGAN B F6/16/67POSSESSION OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCEM
    DEMETRIA HOGAN B F6/16/67POSS CONT SUB W/I TO MANUF/DEL/SELL
    What a wrap sheet……………….

19. The warrant says this is a MALE… not female. I clicked to enlarge twice. Is this the right person, right case?

20. Joan

/  July 12, 2011

wasn’t it D hogan that at one time as allowed to administer the drugs in the kill room, prior to the new rules of having a vet at least present.

Note:

The euthanasia solution is usually a barbiturate- the same class of drugs used for general anesthesia.

At a much higher dose, this solution provides not only the same effects as general anesthesia (loss of consciousness, loss of pain sensation), but suppresses the cardiovascular and respiratory systems

What if ?

/  July 12, 2011

She was licensed as a euthanasia tech – along with Frank Lightfoot, the guy who thinks it’s ok to carry a dog by the skin on his back.

Click to access Vet_Min082207.pdf

• Ben The Rat

/  July 12, 2011

Frank Lightfoot is a retired professional boxer. I bet you won’t say that to his face. He’ll knock you in to next year guaranteed…go for it buddy…lol

• mikken

/  July 13, 2011

Frank Lightfoot should be working at a gym, then. He should not be anywhere near animals.

22. Anna K

/  July 12, 2011

Go thru and check the records of the Memphis people posting here. Interesting.

23. scarlett

/  July 12, 2011

Is there a complete URL for the Shelby County site, not getting anything on that link Anna?

24. Anonymous

/  July 12, 2011

Let’s hope the real warrant says Female not Male, if, in fact, “Demetria” is female. (As opposed to “Demetrius”….sheesh..the mind reels at the transgender possibilities now…) If the warrant is incorrect, then it will not stand in court. The warrant must be completely accurate or it will be dismissed and have to be re-issued.

• I’m no warrant expert (thankfully) but having a guess, it seems like it could possibly be an error online and not in the actual warrant that would be used in court.

25. alice in LALA land

/  July 12, 2011

come home Kapone.. if he does not i hope his owner SUES big time.. but I would rather see him on the couch.. keep us updated.. glad to know she was arrested ( again)

26. scarlett

/  July 12, 2011

According to a city spokesperson Hogan is now ‘…suspended WITH pay’. Boggles the mind.

27. Susan

/  July 12, 2011

I read she was suspended w/out pay.

28. scarlett

29. JustAVisitor

/  July 12, 2011

I so hope that Kapone is okay. And I also hope that justice is done… We don’t know who did what or whether this ACO is innocent or guilty.

There could be someone at the shelter who’s got a squeaky-clean record so far who’s responsible for the lost/missing doggies.

The photos linked here don’t say anything about the Kapone case or Ms. Hogan, but if you have doubts whether some convicted felons can provide loving care to dogs, do check this out:

(It’s a super program, they have carefully selected prisoners take on the job of training up a puppy to become a police or service dog.)

• Arlene

/  July 12, 2011

It is a super program. However, please note the words carefully selected. No such care has been taken at MAS.

30. What concerns me most about this woman is that inspite of all her crimes, the state gave her certification as a certified euthanasia tech. She has theft convictions, convictions on drug charges, and the city gave her a job where she has access to some of the most powerful and deadly drugs made. What in the hell were they thinking?

• db

/  July 13, 2011

ABSOLUTELY!!!
      Are these folks stupid or does it just not matter?
      I’m thinking that a lot of people are going to be asking these questions – hope they are the RIGHT people asking.

31. Karen F

/  July 13, 2011

Unfortunately I think that Kapone is dead. Clearly the police know what was done to him, or they would not have taken this action, and he has not been retrieved. I’m sure he is gone.

There are good cops everywhere, including Memphis, and I hope the ones assigned to this case are good ones — that they have built a strong case, and that they see this through and make sure justice is done.

• Cindy S.

/  July 13, 2011

Based on the broad charges, the police don’t clearly know what happened to Kapone.

32. Jessica C

/  July 13, 2011

Wow. That is ridiculous! She should be in prison for quite a long time after her long-ass wrap-sheet, let alone piling this on top of it!

33. Donna Lake

/  July 13, 2011

I said all along Kapone was givin to the idiots
    who fight pittbulls there, sure hope I’m wrong.

34. These charges could simply be a way for them to bring her in for questioning. “Hey, we have evidence you kick puppies. Oh and where’s Kapone?”. Get her in and start digging for answers.