“Sell crazy someplace else, we’re all stocked up here.”

As if we don’t have enough to deal with:

Animal shelters throughout South Carolina will get a visit this week from a shelter services expert with a national humane organization.

Heather Bialy is Director of Shelter Services with the Humane Society of the United States.  She is scheduled to visit shelters and animal rescue groups throughout the state this week.

The tour includes meetings with shelter representatives, a survey of shelter facilities and trainings for shelter staff.

“The Humane Society of the United States is proud to work with local shelters and to assist them with many of the struggles they face on a daily basis,” said HSUS South Carolina State Director Kimberly Kelly.

Time to spruce up the kill room with a hang-in-there-baby kitten poster.

1. Lisa B

/  August 27, 2012

They’re coming to spread the “Shelters We Love” awards all around!

2. OMG. I live in SC. I seriously hope she is not coming to my neck of the woods…

3. Arlene

/  August 27, 2012

Sounds like the best shelters would take a pass and say “No Thanks” to this visit. Sounds also like a way to combat the strides No Kill is making.

/  August 27, 2012

Sounds like they’re gearing up for something. It would be nice if it were a push to get rid of all gas chambers. Or a push to move regressive shelters into the direction of…sheltering.

But I’m wondering why the HSUS even has a “Director of Shelter Services”? Seems a very strange title for that organization.

5. laceysmom

/  August 27, 2012

Maybe they will be tossing out bags of money to all the rural shelters as they go, to help them with the cost of spaying and neutering…and then again maybe monkeys will fly out of my butt.

6. Arlene

/  August 27, 2012

Spunky! Good for you Pet Advocates Network.

7. I personally find it sad that anytime I read or hear that HSUS is involved in anything — anything at all — at the local level, my eyes glaze over, I stop hearing what’s being said, and I hope the HSUS doesn’t eff things up any more than they already have.

8. Here comes more talk about “humane euthanasia” and “shelter burnout.” We’ve long since opted to wake up and smell the Fatal Plus. This organization is a self perpetuating leech, feeding off of the hearts and bank accounts of animal lovers across the country. Picture a big ol’ pulsating leech wearing Wayne’s face and that’s pretty much what I think of when I hear these initials. For shame, for shame, for shame.

Bring on the monkeys.

• “big ol’ pulsating leech wearing Wayne’s face” – I will pay one dollar to anyone who can get this image out of my brain.

• KateH

/  August 28, 2012

I don’t know…I think it might look good on a t-shirt, with some epithet underneath.

9. Jennifer

/  August 27, 2012

I would like to know which animal rescue groups are allowing the HSUS to visit!

10. Jessica C

/  August 27, 2012

This…cant be good.

*cues Jaws theme*

“We’re going to need a bigger bottle of Fatalplus”.

11. Lisa B

/  August 27, 2012

Hey, we’re gonna get some crazy in my neck of the woods soon, too! HSUS, in their clever disguise as the “North Carolina Voters For Animal Welfare” and HSUS NC state busybody Kim Alboum will be holding a “grassroots” meeting in Person County, as part of their “Lets Follow The News Coverage Around The State and Suck Up the PR” tour. They want to tell you “what you can do to improve the lives of all animals in the Person County community.” https://www.facebook.com/events/356765174402834/