Open Thread

Post anything animal related in the comments, anytime.  New Open Threads are posted weekly.

the-brood-alfred-kubin

[x]

Next Post

1. Karen F

/  September 19, 2016

Because I’m so stressed out right now about the election, this video really hit the spot, so I’m going to just leave it here for anybody else who needs the kind of amusement only cats can provide.

2. Should have come with a don’t watch while drinking coffee alert. Good cat ~ and even a handwashing after using the toilet!

3. Aubrie

/  September 20, 2016

I engaged in a self-inflicted head butting session recently with someone I should know better than to try to have a conversation with. There is just no conversation to be had. But it did lead me to post a blog for no kill advocates who may learn something from what we did/are doing in Huntsville, Alabama. We are not yet a no kill community by our standards. But we know we have made a difference. No matter what some haters say. And no matter how some organizations try to act like we do not exist.

• Thanks for sharing this. I have sent on to a small group of folks who are trying to make some changes in our local ac ~ who spend much of their time thinking up excuses for why they are killing cats and dogs while claiming “we don’t euthanize for space”. Amazing how many medical and behavioral challenged animals we have in our community! I am one of those who is much too ‘in your face’ about this so it helped me, too. You’re doing good things for your community animals, Brie.

4. Alice

/  September 20, 2016

Humane Socity sells a dog with the owner there with redemption money in hand and a disabled child crying for his pet.

5. Judy

/  September 23, 2016

Can anybody tell me why are Alexis and Whitney putting dogs down at MAS for behavior

• mikken

/  September 23, 2016

Why? Because from all I’ve heard, it’s what they do. This is how they prefer to do their jobs – killing dogs for “behavior”. Like the dog they tried to kill for looking at a baby wrong…

• Judy

/  September 23, 2016

That is just sad. Seems like they are both there for a paycheck and news exposure. We need people there that has compassion for the animals as well as the people.

6. Judy

/  September 23, 2016

Why was the new director Alexis and new shelter supervisor Whitney at MAS fired from the Humane Society. Now they at MAS killing dogs for “behavior”.
    P.S I hope no Muslims work there because they might be next because Alexis hate them just like dogs. Whitney has no idea on running a shelter. I feel so sorry for the animals at MAS under their care.