Open Thread

Post anything animal related in the comments, anytime.  New Open Threads are posted weekly.

donkey-family

Next Post

1. Beautiful brisk Saturday afternoon and as I was walking my dog Sami she decided to jump into a pile of leaves and roll all around

She did it so fast there was no time to stop it

And yes by the time she finally stopped her enjoyment of rolling in the leaves she was covered head to tail in autumn 🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁

2. Scarlet Long

/  November 12, 2016

The pic above makes me SO want to smell and smell and smell and kiss and kiss and kiss.

3. vida

/  November 12, 2016

My father recently adopted a donkey! I am so thrilled, we are going to be properly introduced around thanksgiving to Henry, the donkey. I can’t wait!

/  November 12, 2016

Angry frog bellowing his war cry –

5. There’s a Parvo outbreak in AZ. I know parvo outbreaks aren’t uncommon, but this one seems to be hitting vaccinated dogs as well as unvaccinated ones. And to top it off, at least one infected dog was recently at a local dog park.

Article including location of possibly (probably) infected dog park: http://www.kgun9.com/news/local-news/marana-officials-warn-of-parvo-outbreak

My write up, which includes a screenshot from a veterinarian in the area which states they’re seeing vaccinated dogs coming down with this strain:http://www.scaryyankeechick.com/2016/11/19/parvo-outbreak-in-az/

6. Christine

/  November 20, 2016

I know there are no mules in the picture, but I thought share a little poem. You might get a kick out of it.
    My grandfather had many funny sayings but sadly I didn’t write them down.
    Came across this poem in an poetry book of his. It’s the only one I know from memory.

Mules

On mules you’ll find
    Two legs behind
    The ones you find be fore

If you stand behind
    The ones behind
    You’ll find what they be for!