I will be updating this post with new info as I come across it. I haven’t yet found any search and rescue dog teams indicating they are heading to Haiti so if you hear something, please post in the comments.
How to donate:
- Text “YELE” to 501501 – Charges $5 to your phone and sends that $5 to earthquake relief in Haiti via Wyclef Jean’s Yele Haiti org
- Text “HAITI” to 90999 – Charges $10 to your phone and sends that $10 to Red Cross for Haiti aid
- American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, D.C. 20013
- US Fund for UNICEF, 125 Maiden Lane, New York, NY 10038
- Doctors Without Borders USA, P.O. Box 5030, Hagerstown, MD 21741-5030
- Partners In Health, P.O. Box 845578, Boston, MA 02284-5578
- Donations to the International Response Fund – 1-800-REDCROSS or 1-800-257-7575 (Spanish)
- Unicef – 1.800.FOR.KIDS (1.800.367.5437)
- Doctors Without Borders – 1-888-392-0392
- Red Cross
- Red Cross donation form
- Yele Haiti
- Yele donation form
- Unicef donation form
- Doctors Without Borders
- Doctors Without Borders donation form
- Partners in Health
- Partners in Health donation form
The WSPA says it’s heading to Haiti to treat injured animals.
USAID is responding to the disaster with personnel and 6 SAR dogs.
Discovery News has a piece on SAR dogs and handlers heading to Haiti from around the globe