Warning – Graphic photo at first and third links
It’s Easter Sunday – Do you know whose pet your kids are torturing?
BARCS Program Manager Debra Rahl says Christie [a one-year old pit bull mix] was tied to a pole Easter Sunday morning in the 3700 block of Greenspring Avenue near Martin Luther King Elementary School. She says some children, believed to be as young as 12 years old, were throwing rocks and bricks at her.
I’m pretty sure MLK would be groaning in his grave to know what’s going on near the school named for him. And as we know, there is a positive correlation between violence against animals and violence against people:
Rahl says a good samaritan who tried to intervene also was threatened and he says the children started throwing rocks at him.
Attention Baltimore parents:
Anyone with information is asked to call 410-396-4698.
The National Canine Research Council offers an excellent comment on the case:
No one keeps track, nor is there any way to know, how many dogs suffer at the hands of man and DO NOT bite.
Unless there is a way to keep track or acknowledge the thousands or tens of thousands of dogs that suffer abuse and still do not bite humans, “dog bite statistics” are useless in evaluating the behavior or “dangerousness” of dogs.
Frankly, I’m more concerned about the “dangerousness” of Baltimore’s kids than any dogs there. It was less than a year ago that 17 year old twin brothers in Baltimore poured gasoline on a Pitbull, set her on fire in the street and watched with a crowd of onlookers as she screamed. They face trial in June.
2 thoughts on “Baltimore Parenting Fail”
this makes me feel ill… it really does. That poor poor dog – and thank god for the good samaritan that DID intervene and risked injury in so doing. What is WRONG with these kids? Obviously something that will imapct their lives and the lives of those around them. If they can find amusement in torturing an animal, it is highly likely lthey will garner the same delight in hurting other human beings.
That is so, so disturbing. I feel sick after reading this…