Her Ears are an Endless Source of Entertainment

When she’s sleeping they stick up like devil horns.  When she’s looking down they form the top of a capital T.  When she’s jumping around playing, random snickering.

/  August 21, 2010

Awwwwww, she’s playing? How nice that she feels safe enough to play.

2. Her eyes look quite intriguing too.

/  August 22, 2010

Amazing how far she’s come!!! Playing! With toys! Fantastic. Just fantastic.

4. She’s playing. That says so much. She’s come a long way in a short time thanks to you.

5. Yea Scout!!! We’re not laughing at you, we’re laughing WITH you…and I’m crying because you can laugh. You go girl. Welcome to the Good Life. We’re glad you’re here.
    -lynn

6. jakobsjourney

/  August 26, 2010

All of my cattle dog girls have these ears. Some days we call them floppy, other days they are airplane ears, some days they stand at attention and are satellites, and some days they’re known as helicopter ears.

Forgive me if I missed the announcement… but is Scout going to have a permanent indent in your couch all her own?

• You didn’t miss any announcements ; ) I haven’t said anything official because she is living with us on a trial basis. We have a couple of major obstacles which I fear may be insurmountable: 1. We already have a fearful dog who acts out aggressively with *some* other dogs and my hope was that Scout would land on his good side. So far, that’s not looking good. 2. She has an intense desire to escape & run back to her old stomping grounds. Having been left to roam for so many months, she apparently considers the surrounding area to be something she should have access to. She comes right back but if she got hit by a car, I’d be devastated.