A quick check on some of the essential services, progress and transparency indicators at the Memphis pound:
- January 2012 statistics: Not posted
- Link from MAS site to PetHarbor: No
- Number of pets on PetHarbor: 15 dogs – a few each from August – November 2011 and 3 cats – one each from August, September and November 2011. Of these 18 pets, number currently at MAS: unknown
- Number of pets on Petfinder: 43 – of these pets, number currently at MAS: unknown
- Next advisory board meeting at which the public will not be locked out: March 14
- Number of days since sheriff’s deputies raided MAS and Mayor Wharton promised to take the pound “from worst to first”: 849
5 thoughts on “MAS – Status Report”
Total shame. What is worst is that this does not seem to be bothering anyone in Memphis TN government or shelter leaders.
Well…let’s hope that Mr. Rogers sorts them out right quick.
I used to work at the Humane Society of NY on 59th Street.It was the best job I ever had, and I have had plenty. The one thing they do there is treat animals with the love & respect they deserve.I worked in every area of the HSNY including taking care of cats and dogs that were in isolation but we NEVER sprayed them down with a hose, that’s just horrendous. We had to wear a “suit” from top to bottom so as not to contaminate other areas of the building.Usually the cats & dogs that were in isolation had ringworm, nothing too bad although an outbreak of ringworm could be quite distressing.
I dont know whether to be mad or sad or both.