Baby’s Got a Brand New Bed

Thanks to some caring pet advocates in Memphis, Mama Pibs has a super comfy bed to lie on tonight.  I loves me some irresponsible public.  Damn!

Sweet dreams.

1. Tina Thach

/  April 10, 2012

How can I donate beds to Memphis animal shelter? Do they allow me to bring beds in for dogs and not try to stop me.

• I don’t know the answer to that question Tina. In the past – at the old building and under a different director – members of the public donated Kuranda beds for the dogs to lay on. The staff vandalized them and they were left at the old building. Not sure what the new policy is, if there is one. Hopefully someone local will be able to answer your question.

2. Lorraine Martinez

/  April 10, 2012

OMG!! I’m so choked-up! How wonderful for Mama! I just wish we could have saved her babies….

3. Is there any news on the babies? Has anyone local gone out to look for them? I thought I saw that someone posted they knew the area they were in the other day.

4. Debbie Davis

/  April 10, 2012

I was just about to sign off for the night, saddened for all the animals that are lost and abandoned. Then I saw this post. I’m so thankful for the happy news. At least this mama will be comfortable, whether or not she is comforted. Thank you to the caring Memphians who have stepped up for her!

/  April 11, 2012

Nice. Really nice.

6. mcappy

/  April 11, 2012

yay irresponsible public

7. Arlene

/  April 11, 2012

Little Pittie Momma has a soft place to lay her sore and swollen body tonight. Bless the person who brought this to her. It is a ray of sunshine in a dark place.

• I hope this sweet girl gets out of there soon. She needs some serious TLC and while it’s nice that she has a nice soft bed, she still needs some love to help her deal with the shock of being pulled away from her puppies and being dumped.

• I hope so too. One comfort item does not compensate for all that she is lacking right now but I’m so glad she at least has that one thing.

8. That’s a great pic.She certainly deserves that and now hopefully she’ll get a home real soon.

9. Debbie Smith

/  April 11, 2012

I’ll bet there are some motherless pups somewhere in Memphis or surroundings that could use a foster mom.

10. Jennifer

/  April 11, 2012

Thanks to those who provided the bed!

11. db

/  April 11, 2012

Any word on getting her outta there?

12. Lorraine Martinez

/  April 11, 2012

Any more news about Mama? Any chance someone can get her out of MAS, and how many more days she has left?

13. marjorie

/  April 12, 2012

Update?

• Caring members of the public are trying to get MAS to release this dog to go to another shelter which has orphaned pups. Will post an update as soon as I hear anything definite.

• marjorie

/  April 12, 2012

I hope it works out. I can help with transport, I’ll be watching for a call for that.

14. Debbie Davis

/  April 13, 2012

She got out yesterday, didn’t she?

15. Jessica C

/  April 13, 2012

Im so glad that she at least had a nice bed until she got out of that hellhole! Bless the irresponsible public.

16. marjorie

/  May 3, 2012

The chip in for this mama, now named Mia, as well as more details on her story, is on this site:

There’s also a photo there of the puppies she saved, so please be sure to scroll down.

If anyone has questions, please post and I will get more info as needed. ALL of this is only possible because of networking and your initial posting of the photo, so thank you so much!