Whether your local shelter has already taken the pledge to not kill animals on June 11 in conjunction with the Just One Day event or they haven’t yet but you’re going to ask them to participate, there is good news: nearly 700 shelters and rescue groups have taken the pledge to make us a no kill nation on June 11.
Why your local shelter should take the pledge:
- No healthy/treatable animals will be killed at the shelter on June 11.
- The Just One Day campaign will send your shelter a model press release, promotion plan, guide to adopting their way out of killing, adoption promotion posters and more – all free – once they take the pledge.
- Animals’ lives will be spared at the shelter on June 11.
- The Just One Day Facebook page will be open for posting the success stories as they happen at your local shelter all day.
- “Euthanasia technicians” can spend the day saving animals at the shelter on June 11.
- Animal Wise Radio will be broadcasting live for 5 hours, highlighting the work being done by participating organizations.
- Every healthy/treatable animal who gets breakfast at the shelter on June 11 will be there for dinner.
- This blog’s comment section will be open all day for sharing pets and news related to your local shelter.
- The shelter will be no kill, even if it’s for Just One Day. And if that happens, who knows what it could lead to?!