Name That Animal

This is just for fun and the only rule is:  no researching.  Post your guesses in the comments.  Reading other people’s answers before posting your own is interpretive jiggery-pokery optional.  Answer will be posted in the comments tonight.

nta

Next Post

1. I don’t know his name, but he’s clearly FABULOUS!

2. brandi007

/  June 26, 2015

Peacock Spider – their dance is absolutely adorable <3

3. Australian Peacock Spider – I got to see one last year!

4. Daniela

/  June 26, 2015

I shall name him Jim and he will do interpretive dances for me.

5. Eucritta

/  June 26, 2015

One of the peacock spiders – among the jumping spiders.

6. ANSWER TIME

This is Sparklemuffin, a recently discovered species of peacock spider:

[Entomologist Jurgen] Otto admitted that because Sparklemuffin was somewhat similar to other peacock species he had seen before, he was not too excited about it at first, but then he became fonder of it. “It was in particular its docile nature and soft teddy bearlike appearance that really charmed me,” he said.

• mikken

/  June 27, 2015

And now I’m wondering f he has a six year old daughter he let name the spider…

7. I always am 2 days behind in this game…that is one freaky spider. The blue backed graffiti spider? LMAO… No clue. Ok, I just saw answer and,as usual, wasn’t even close

8. Sparklemuffin? That is my pet name for my girlfriend……what are the odds? With a name like that, i sure hope that spider is a female, otherwise “he” wont ever live it down