Name That Animal

This is just for fun and the only rule is:  no researching.  Post your guesses in the comments.  Reading other people’s answers before posting your own is passe optional.  Answer will be posted in the comments tonight.

nta

Next Post

1. Joanie Hoffman

/  July 10, 2015

Is this a nudibranch? My ex used to have a salt water aquarium. :)

2. I think it’s a sea dragon. Always so fascinating to observe them at the aquarium. :)

3. Adrianne

/  July 10, 2015

Leafy sea dragon, a relative of seahorses. They’re not usually blue either. .. weird lighting in the photo.

4. Claudia Rullman

/  July 10, 2015

Leafy Sea Dragon ~ my favorite!!!

5. ANSWER TIME
    This is a leafy seadragon. From Wiki:

The leafy seadragon or Glauert’s seadragon,[1] Phycodurus eques, is a marine fish in the family Syngnathidae, which includes seadragons, pipefish, and seahorses. It is the only member of the genus Phycodurus.

It is found along the southern and western coasts of Australia. The name is derived from the appearance, with long leaf-like protrusions coming from all over the body. These protrusions are not used for propulsion; they serve only as camouflage.

6. That is a Peacockus Seahorsisus….an extremely rare………..no, seriously, I have not a notion in my noggin. These are too tough for me…….is there a pre-school version of this game?

• If it’s any consolation, I don’t know any of the animals I post either. And I would be a terrible guesser. When I first saw this animal, I guessed PLANT.

7. Must be in one of those UV lighted aquaria for people who like to see dayglo fish swimming around. But it sure is purty!