Shelter Pet of the Day

This precious senior is at the Memphis pound.  He was impounded as a stray and is heartworm positive.  If he has owners, I hope they can find him.  If anyone can give him a home for whatever time he has left in this life, I will mail you a bag of homemade treats which I guarantee he will enjoy.  His ID number at MAS is 284664.  His “review date” is February 5.  (Thanks Jody Fisher for submitting this pet.)

284664

Dog ID #284664 at the Memphis pound.  Photo by Memphis Pets Alive.

Memphis city pound
2350 Appling City Cove
Memphis, TN 38133
(901) 636-PAWS (7297)
MAS@memphistn.gov

1. GWEN SMITH

/  February 3, 2016

Thank you Shirley. I have shared this and sent it to my friend Sherrie Swan in East Tennessee who took a senior for us before and loved him till the end.

Sent from my iPhone

2. Jody

/  February 3, 2016

Thank you, Shirley, for helping to get him more exposure so someone will hopefully give him that warm bed he deserves. THANK YOU!

3. Poor guy. I hope he gets out of there quickly. Thinking about a senior in that place is heartbreaking.

4. Chris_B

/  February 3, 2016

That must be a great shelter if they test dogs for heartworm on intake.

• db

/  February 3, 2016

I can’t tell if you are serious, but this “shelter” is nothing more than a killing facility and the folks who run things could care less. It’s the rescues who are making the difference. Hopefully, with a new mayor in Memphis, things will change for the better for the animals here.

• Uh. No.

5. Ann Cluck

/  February 4, 2016

Shared on my facebook page Crossposting and Advocating for Animals.

6. Jody

/  February 4, 2016

Great news!!! This gorgeous gentleman is being pulled as soon as they (MAS) allow him to leave! Pilots for Paws has already been arranged to take him to a lovely lady in VA! Thank you, again, Shirley, for getting him extra exposure!