What Are Your Pets Eating Today?

Are you making a special meal for your animals? Table scraps? Any recipes you’d like to share?

I made some pumpkin biscuits for the dogs but might make something else too, if I ever get out of my pajamas and get moving.  Whatever you are doing today, I hope you are doing it happily and without creating too many dirty dishes.

111916-newtliz

Newt, stalking a shedding lizard, which she would probably like to have for a holiday snack.

1. Our cats are eating their regular cat food, our dog his regular dog food, but if we sneak Teddy (the basset hound) some turkey or a piece of biscuit, what’s the harm? He definitely won’t be getting any of the meat dressing, Brussels sprouts, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, or pumpkin pie! Maybe we’ll put some gravy on his dry food. He’ll have the shits for a week, but he’ll thank us for it.

2. bestuvall

/  November 24, 2016

First of all thank you for all of the work that you do. It is appreciated dogs are having roasted pumpkin made from the ones that have been outside for about a week!

/  November 24, 2016

The cats are having cooked and raw turkey (some have preferences for one or the other) and the dogs are having raw goat (my allergic guy is now on a goat and goose diet, saints preserve me). My outdoor ferals appreciate some warmed turkey this time of year!

4. Geraldine Clarke

/  November 24, 2016

I added a wonderful gravy to their usual kibble and dessert was a feast of raw pork neck bones (which even the cat enjoyed.) They gnawed happily for over an hour.

5. vida

/  November 25, 2016

Broccoli stems with a little mushroom gravy, they were in heaven

6. I have one dog with an (we think) ulcer, so he’s on a cooked and bland diet, so actually the cooked turkey is perfect for him and he’ll get trimmed turkey leftovers. The other will get some scraps too, so he won’t pester the first. The cats won’t get anything special, but one of them would totally chow on the broccoli if I let her!

7. Anne Thomas

/  November 25, 2016

I was going to buy some apples to cut up and put outside for the wild animals, but I forgot. I’ll buy some this weekend when I go to the local farm market where I buy most of my produce. I ate dinner at a friend’s house yesterday, so there weren’t any leftovers and since I’m vegan, my dog and cats probably wouldn’t have enjoyed what I ate anyway.