“PETA believes euthanasia is the kindest gift to a dog or cat unwanted and unloved.” – PETA President Ingrid Newkirk, 2005 press conference
In fact, this statement is untrue. As proof, I offer the following:
Top Ten List of Gifts for Unwanted Dogs and Cats
10. Responsible, loving home
9. Human to pal around with
7. Food bowl, preferably full
6. Whipped cream on the beater
5. King sized bed (occasional human occupant ok)
4. Sunshine, grass, fresh air
3. Spot beneath the highchair at kiddie’s mealtime
2. Pat on the head, scritches behind the ears, belly rub
1. Responsible, loving home (so nice, it listed twice)
Euthanasia is NOT a good gift for an unloved pet. It doesn’t even make the top ten.
One thought on “Beware of Animal Rights Activists Bearing Gifts”
There’s no such thing as an “unwanted pet”. For EVERY pet, there is someone, somewhere who WANTS them and who will LOVE them! Lazy a$$ pet murderers simply want to remain on their indifferent a$$es, rather than work up a sweat by finding the pet a home, via online networking, newspaper notices, fliers, website promotion, etc…and thus promotes the “unwanted” LIE rather than promoting the PRECIOUS PET for adoption!