Name That Animal

No researching – just leave your guess in the comments.  Answer will be posted in the comments later today.

1. I OWN this one.

Actually, I don’t.

Looks like some type of Lemur. Or Alien – -the cute kind of alien, not the evil kind. Or maybe a new character for the Lord of the Rings movies. But I’m going with Lemur.

2. Eucritta

/  December 6, 2011

I believe it’s a bushbaby.

/  December 6, 2011

Bushbaby?

4. ezbuddy

/  December 6, 2011

Yep, THAT is my ex-mother-in-law, with those knuckles, beedy eyes, clinging to anything long & round (or looks like a wallet), and the fuzzy house-coat. She IS a branch manager. But I don’t see the beer can or liquor bottle, so that may not be her.

5. FixCharlotte

/  December 6, 2011

The guy you wake up to “the morning after”! Damn! I need another drink!

6. FixCharlotte

/  December 6, 2011

ALL the cute ones are married!

7. Laceysmom

/  December 6, 2011

aye aye! So cute!!

8. ANSWER TIME:

This is a tarsier. Tarsiers are tiny nocturnal primates, found only in Southeast Asia. From the Wiki entry:

Tarsiers are small animals with enormous eyes; each eyeball is approximately 16 mm in diameter and is as large as their entire brain. Tarsiers also have very long hind limbs. In fact, their feet have extremely elongated tarsus bones, from which the animals get their name.

• Eucritta

/  December 6, 2011

I didn’t think of tarsiers at all! Should have! *knocks dust out of brain*

• Janice in GA

/  December 9, 2011

I actually knew this one, though I didn’t remember the correct spelling at first. Of course, I didn’t see this post till 12/9. Drat you, Google Reader! :)

9. Anne

/  December 6, 2011

i was going for Aye Aye. never heard of tarsiers- interesting!

10. Both tarsier and aye aye are classed as a “vertical clinger and leaper” (from class in primate social behavior)so look a lot alike. This little guy is really clinging!

11. Kerry

/  December 6, 2011

The little dude’s eyes are bigger than his brain. Gee, I thought I had it bad when my eyes are bigger than my stomach.

12. Sugar bear? Honey Bear?

13. Is it a slouth? Not sure of the spelling…sorry.