Advocacy at Home

This morning, I sent the following e-mail to my county council members and county administrators.  Anyone is free to copy/modify this e-mail in order to send it to your local officials:

From: eiderdown@yesbiscuit.com
Date: Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Subject: Plan A is not working

If you can spend 12 minutes of your time viewing this trailer for an upcoming documentary on the No Kill movement, I think you will be inspired to ask the question “What is Plan B?” for the community pets of Kershaw Co.

Video:  http://vimeo.com/48445902

Currently, we are killing approximately 3 out of every 4 pets that enter the shelter.  We can do better.  I have a Plan B.  If you are interested in learning more, please let me know.  I am happy to send you literature in the mail, meet with you in person or both.  I can best be reached by e-mail but please feel welcome to leave me a voicemail message if you prefer.

Kind Regards,
Shirley Thistlethwaite

1. Thank you for sharing this! :)

2. Karen

/  August 30, 2012

Thank you for posting! Nathan “unveiled” this at the conference. It was amazing – and the group I was sitting with – myself included – were in tears…I think the whole auditorium was choked up. We all thought we knew so much – and were doing so much…and yet there’s more none of us know and more all of us can do.

3. Thank for sharing the link..

4. I was already crying with that last shot of the Tompkins Cty. volunteer as he tried to NOT cry for the fade-out! Way to go NKN!!!! We should ALL be sending this out, everywhere.

5. That ending was perfect. Bob Wise is one of the unsung heroes of this movement, though he’d probably be embarrassed to be described in that way. As bad as things were in Tompkins in 2000-mid 2001, the core group of volunteers never wavered, never gave up. Everyone should have a team that good.

6. Jessica C

/  September 1, 2012

Awesome! Thanks, Shirley! I will make sure to do the same (with emailing). Everyone should, to keep this movement going strong! :)