In Which Wendy Goes to the Vet

Wendy has a bladder infection and had to go to the vet to get checked out today.

Wendy was shot at some time prior to arriving at the pound.

Wendy was shot at some time prior to arriving at the pound.  The white dots are small game shot she has lodged throughout her body.

She was displeased with the visit and engaged in civil disobedience on the ride home.

wendy car seat 062013

I refuse to lay on the soft blanket provided for me on the seat. I will however use it as a head rest while sitting defiantly in the foot well.

/  June 29, 2013

Ah, a bladder infection. Always fun.

Poor Wendy. Already feeling poorly and someone hauls her to the vet for poking and prodding. So mean.

Hope she’s feeling better soon!

2. Wendy is a very lucky girl to be with you. How awful that she was shot.
    My beagle sits in the foot well on the way back from the vet, too. Is it a beagle thing?

• It would not surprise me to learn they conspire. She has a return visit scheduled for 2 weeks, which we have not discussed yet.

3. Oh Wendy! I’m sorry you are feeling puny…I’m thankful that you are with your new Mommy and safe and loved. Two of our dogs have splattering of small game shot in them as well. I hate to think of the pain and fear they all went through. Sending healing thoughts for you girl!

/  June 29, 2013

Paws crossed for Wendy to quickly be rid of that nasty infection.
    May karma find the idiot that shot at her and double the dose.

5. get well soon Wendy..

6. It worked for Thoreau, Ghandi and Mandela so it should work for Wendy.

7. Karen F

/  June 30, 2013

Best wishes to the disobedient patient for a quick recovery.

8. Kathryn Hargreaves

/  June 30, 2013

Hopefully the shot is not lead.

9. Arlene

/  June 30, 2013

Far too many pets find themselves shot. I’m sorry Wendy is one of them. Speedy recovery for Wendy. No fun to be sick.

10. puppylover

/  June 30, 2013

We call those white dots “Mississippi Microchips”

11. KateH

/  July 1, 2013

Maybe Wendy feels safer in the footwell, as it’s a bit more ‘protected’ of a space. I’ve seen a number of dogs that went flying into the dash during accidents (one lost a lot of teeth), and air bags can cause serious injuries as well. I think she’s smart to be there. :-)

12. db

/  July 1, 2013

Hope she’s feeling much better now (and recovered from the trauma of her vet visit). Shooting dogs with buckshot is only for idiots! Hope she doesn’t have any problems from the shots.