Weekend Jade

Lying around in one place, wherever someone lays you, is not everyone’s cup of tea.  Jade quickly graduated to dragging herself to where she’d like to be and this week moved on to hobbling.  Next:  world domination.

Hobbler in Chief

Hobbler in Chief

1. Lisa B

/  June 22, 2014

What a beauty!

2. KateH

/  June 22, 2014

Daayyem, that is a nice-looking dog! I wish I wasn’t at my limit. How does she act around your others – I’m assuming you aren’t doing much in the way of interactions to keep her quiet, but has she at least seen any of the other very lucky dogs who live with you? She certainly seems okay with Billy!

• She regularly hangs with the beagles. I haven’t introduced her officially to the other dogs because she really wants to play and it would be impossible to contain the situation. Oh and Mulder can’t do anything but growl, stalk and stare at her with CrazyEyes. But nothing seems to bother Jade. She hasn’t growled or shown any aggressive behavior toward any of the other dogs, even when they’ve deserved it. She does get her feelings hurt when she tries to get the Beagles to play and they tell her off. She’ll sulk for a little while. I wish I could explain to her why she can’t have any dogfriends right now.

• KateH

/  June 23, 2014

I’ve finally got a few dollars to send towards her vet bill, but feel free to spend it on another big, juicy bone or three for her to distract her for a few more hours of quiet healing. :-)

3. I agree with Lisa B.! What a doll!!!!!

4. anne davis

/  June 22, 2014

She is such a beautiful dog!!

/  June 22, 2014

Has Billy already stolen her from you?

• But of course. I’m only the one who came to her in the parking lot after the accident and slept in the x-pen with her that first night when she couldn’t stop crying and who cooks homemade food for her every day. Why should she favor me? Noooo, it’s Billy whom she follows around everywhere and gets all giddy over.

/  June 22, 2014

Oh, this is awesome! Such excellent progress! Being so young, it must be very hard to not romp and play and bounce around.

7. Karen

/  June 22, 2014

I love her! Thank you so much for saving her. She is beautiful.

8. Arlene

/  June 22, 2014

What a beautiful puppy Jade is. I’m so glad that she is being cared for by you and Billy. She’ll be healed in no time at all but I’m sure not fast enough for this little girl.

9. Weird thing to say, but as far as major injuries go, broken pelvises are among the best because they DO heal very well on their own. So I’m glad for Jade’s sake that she didn’t suffer anything requiring surgery!

10. This is great news! This girl deserves the best in life!

11. Oh she’s lovely!

12. How satisfying it must be to have rescued the empress of the world.

13. HUGS to you and Billy and JADE!!!! What a gorgeous girl! And I too have had GREAT successes with dogs who have had a fractured or broken pelvis.

14. She is quite the looker! Thanks for the updates, and taking such good care of her!

15. Lou Ann