Name That Animal

This is just for fun and the only rule is:  no researching.  Post your best guesses on this obviously awesome animal in the comments.  Reading other people’s answers before posting your own is obviously not awesome optional.  Answer will be posted in the comments tomorrow.

nta

/  April 22, 2015

This bird reminds me of Hercule Poirot.

2. Looks like a hipster pigeon

3. Adrianne Mock

/  April 22, 2015

oh, oh, oh… I KNOW this one!! I’ve seen these at a couple of zoos and one other facility that trains birds… inca terns. They are HUGE, BTW. And VERY beautiful…

the white moustachy things are actually feathers…

/  April 22, 2015

Damn, I was going to say Hercule Poirot! How about his brother, Horace Poirot?

5. Undoubtedly a Handlebar Pigeon. (Now to check and see if anyone else got it! [I’ll bet Adrienne did])

6. Jamie

/  April 22, 2015

Definitely a contestant in the World Beard and Mustache Competition. I actually know a guy who won one of the categories in mustache. It’s a serious commitment. http://www.worldbeardchampionships.com/

7. The “Red-Beaked Wyatt Earp”?

8. KateH

/  April 23, 2015

“My name is Alejandro Estaban Ruiz-Palomo, and I am so pleased to make your acquaintance. I see you are admiring my moustache…many lovely ladies have said it tickles. Would you like to find out if it ticles, my dear?”

He’s a suave one, is Senor Alejandro Estaban Ruiz-Palomo, don’tcha know!

9. KateH

/  April 23, 2015

Dang it! “tickles”

10. ANSWER TIME

This animal is an Inca tern. From Wiki:

The Inca tern feeds primarily on small fish, such as anchovies. The species spots its prey from the air, diving into the water to grab meals with its pointed beak.[2] Its call is a cat-like mew.