Labor Day Newt

Beach towels are on clearance at Walmart.  They make excellent crate beds for busy little beagles who have shredded all the nice dogs beds in the house:

090416 beachtowel

Busy little beagles need lots of quality sleep so they can start being very active and very vocal at 4 am every day, including weekends and holidays:

090416 newtyawn

*demon eyes*

I mean IF anyone knows any beagles like that.

/  September 5, 2016

My last puppy will soon be seven. I don’t miss the chewing and eating anything and everything, but I miss the playing with toys. Enjoy the puppy days. They pass too quickly.

• I know a place where you can rent one. Very reasonable rates. How much do you love baying?

• Clarice

/  September 5, 2016

I don’t know if the baying would fit in with the barking, howling, and yipping we already have. Then there is one of the cats that yowls.

2. Doris Muller

/  September 5, 2016

I’m partial to wicker pet beds, that I find at thrift stores. Last year I took in a five months old puppy, whom I lovingly nick named Little Terrorist. Guess what her favorite chewing material is?

/  September 5, 2016

What a pretty crate! Wonder how many times a day the other dogs tell her that she’s the reason they can’t have nice things…

4. Lou Ann

/  September 6, 2016

Won’t the towels be the new object of affection/annihilation? lol

5. But a beagle-y’s got to do what a beagle-y’s got to do. I think the pink crate is quite pretty. No dog talking here, but my 17 year old cat, who’s a chatty old lady, is going deaf so her voice is increasing in volume. And she always has a lot to say!

6. KateH

/  September 6, 2016

One of mine has been claiming, by barking his fool head off for weeks now, that there are evil deer in the front yard – every damn morning – as soon as it gets even the slightest bit light enough to see them. He lies like a damn rug, as I look out – every day – and he was right the first two days, but a big, fat, lying liar who lies all the other days, and I’m getting fed up with his lies. I’ve been calling him Drumpf for a couple weeks, as in, “Drumpf, SHUT UP and go LAY DOWN!!!, but he just won’t listen. Since he’s been cutting off the last half hour to forty-five minutes of my sleep for almost a month now, it is starting to make me a bit irritable…

7. vida

/  September 6, 2016

Ah, I remember the sweet serenade of early morning beagle. Don’t think the neighbors were as fond as I was.
    As to chewing, she wasn’t too bad. Her exploits were many though and usually epic. She was my first dog and honestly I still miss her. Beagle/lab mix, what my folks were thinking I have no idea, lol.