This is a pretty easy and versatile recipe that can be shared by human and dogs. You can use any kind of potatoes, any kind of broth and add the protein and veggies of your choice. For the dish shown in these photos, I used regular baking potatoes, unsalted chicken broth, butter, eggs and baby spinach leaves.
- If using baby potatoes, no slicing is needed but for larger potatoes, cut them into chunks, about the size of baby potatoes.
- Place enough potatoes to cover most of a large, deep skillet. Add broth about 1/3 to 1/2 way up the potatoes along with 2 tablespoons of butter. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and cook on medium-high heat until potatoes are fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking until all the liquid has boiled away, turning potatoes to brown on both sides. They will be caramelized and delicious when done.
- Add your protein and veggies either on top of the potatoes or after you’ve removed the potatoes from the skillet. Cook until ready to eat.