Shelter Pet of the Day: Memphis, TN

bella

Bella, ID #290655 at the Memphis pound.  (Photo by Memphis Pets Alive)

This sweet dog has been kept behind locked doors in the “stray” area of the Memphis pound since she was surrendered on September 24.  And gee, no one has adopted her.  As if there’s some correlation between keeping pets hidden from the public and pets getting adopted.  So weird.  And now, her number is up.  She has until tomorrow, October 8, to get the hell out of hell.

Bella is 3 years old and heartworm positive.  Anyone interested in meeting her needs to wait for a hall monitor to become available at the pound so they can be escorted to her cage.  You will have to provide her ID number:  290655.  If anyone interested in Bella needs any assistance, please post a comment. We will try our damnedest to make it happen.

Memphis Animal Services
2350 Appling City Cove
Memphis, TN 38133
(901) 636-PAWS (7297)
MAS@memphistn.gov

(Submitted by Jody)

Next Post

1. GWEN SMITH

/  October 7, 2016

I think they killed her.?

Sent from my iPhone

2. GWEN SMITH

/  October 7, 2016

No I’m sorry not yet.

Sent from my iPhone

3. Jody Fisher

/  October 7, 2016

Gwen, I thought so too but Whitney sent me this video taken a few hours ago. Thank you, Shirley post posting sweet Bella!

/  October 7, 2016

I will donate toward her vetting if someone rescues/adopts her.

5. db

/  October 7, 2016

You mean they don’t have some little magic viewer so potential adopters can see all of those animals who are “available” but kept hidden in the back somewhere? Imagine why they might not make it out alive . . . oh, I forgot this is memphis animal slaughterhouse where killing is “their thing”. I pray that this beautiful dog (and all of the others) find their miracle.

/  October 7, 2016

I’ll donate toward her vetting as well.

7. mary frances

/  October 7, 2016

Me too – I will donate toward for her rescue.

8. mary frances

/  October 7, 2016

Leaving for the week-end but with Bella on my mind – I will call the facility and ask about her. Again I will donate toward her rescue.

9. Jody

/  October 7, 2016

Bella and her brother are going to be SAFE!!!! A rescue group filled out paperwork and after spay/neuter, they are going to a foster home. Thank you Shirley and all who had a hand in saving her!!❤️❤️❤️

• Great news Jody, thank you! If you find out the rescue’s info, please share here so anyone who wants to donate toward Bella’s care can do so.

10. mary frances

/  October 8, 2016

Please do give a mailing address if you can – I will donate toward Bella. Bless you all.